domingo, 12 de noviembre de 2017

Changes in my study program


So like I’ve said in my previous posts, I’m studying psychology. I’m in my third year, in 2018 I’ll be (hopefully) in my fourth year so I’m going to talk about changes I’ll do until this point of my career because that’s what I’ve experienced so far. I really like the curriculum because you have a lot of social course and a bunch of “biologic” courses too but I don’t think we have enough “practical” courses because until third year you have one or two classes with practical activities but almost every course is theoric and I’m afraid that my fourth year is going to be like “hey this is a real person with real problems I know you haven’t had the opportunity to ‘practice’ everything you know but now help this person”. About the workload, the first two years were terrible but I’m not sure if my experience was bad because I have a poor timing to do thing and I don’t know how schedule stuff or in reality we had a lot of things to do. Well, about the faculty facilities, as you can see we barely have classrooms, some semesters to have class we had to use classrooms in another faculties, and you see the new building but it is only to post graduate students, so we keep being 80 students in classrooms for 30 students. About the use of technology, the only time I can use a computer in the Uni is in English class, because this faculty has so many students that spaces like library or computation rooms are always full of people so you can’t really use one unless you have a lot of patience. I don’t really have comments about the teaching methods because I’m aware that every professor has their own way to teach stuff according to the field they are working for, and if I had comments probably the faculty wouldn’t listen because in some past semesters my generation had some problems with some teachers or the students that assist those teachers and never listen to us. Anyways as you can see I have a lot of say about the changes in my program but I swear I don’t complain because I never thought I’ll be attending to Uni when I was younger so I’m kinda grateful for the opportunity but that doesn’t quit that we need better things to study.

2 comentarios:

  1. It seems like is a FACSO problem, in archaeology we have exactly the same problems about practical courses and with the teachers.:(

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I only started studying here this year and I went straight to the big and shiny new postgraduate building, and I find it a little unfair for undergraduates. I really hope this changes. And about those practical classes or the lack of them, I'd say it's the same in a looot of Universities. It was the same in my previous house of study. Hang in there, that knowledge will eventually come.

    ResponderEliminar

English Challenges

This is my last entry in this blog because I doubt I’ll keep using this at some point of my life and in this blog I’m going to talk abou...